Do you have recipes that you just keep making over and over again? For years? I first had this recipe in Saint John, N.B in dinner club and have made it ever since! It is actually sitting in my freezer at this moment after a last minute dinner cancellation in December (yes…Covid related cancellation) and is waiting to come out again this weekend. It is NOT on any Weight-Watchers diet…and it is like potato chips…there is no having one piece only as it is so very good! Enjoy!!!
- 2-4 oz. Canned green chilies (whole)
- 1 lb Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- Remove seed from chilies and cut pieces flat. Put 1 layer in greased 8×8 inch pan.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of cheese and spread the rest of chilies followed by the rest of the cheese.
- Beat eggs until frothy.
- Add sour cream, salt and pepper and mix.
- Pour over chilies layers and bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes
- Serve hot.
- Can also be cut into squares and served as appetizers.